Holistic approach to education
* Treat school education holistically as a continuum from Pre-school to Class 12
* Inclusion of senior secondary levels and pre-school levels in support for School education for the first time
* Single and unified administrative structure leading to harmonized implementation
* Flexibility to States to prioritise their interventions under the Scheme
* An integrated administration looking at ‘school’ as a continuum
Focus on Quality of Education
* Enhanced focus on improving quality of education by focus on the two T’s – Teachers and Technology
* Enhanced Capacity Building of Teachers and School Heads
* Focus on strengthening Teacher Education Institutions like SCERTs and DIETs to improve the quality of prospective teachers in the system
* SCERT to be the nodal institution for in-service and pre-service teacher training – will make training dynamic and need-based.
* Support for Rashtriya Avishkar Abhiyan to promote Science and Maths learning in schools.
* Support Padhe Bharat Badhe Bharat Programme to develop foundational skills at primary level.
* Provision of library grants for every school ranging from Rs. 5000 to Rs. 20000.
Focus on Digital Education
* Support ‘Operation Digital Board’ in all secondary schools over a period of 5 years, which will revolutionize education- easy to understand, technology based learning classrooms will become flipped classrooms.
* Enhanced use of digital technology in education through smart classrooms, digital boards and DTH channels
* Digital initiatives like UDISE+, Shagun, to be strengthened
* Strengthening of ICT infrastructure in schools from upper primary to higher secondary level.
Strengthening of Schools
* Enhanced Transport facility to children across all classes from I to VIII for universal access to school
* Composite school grant increased from Rs. 14,500-50,000 to Rs. 25,000- 1 Lakh and to be allocated on the basis of school enrolment.
* Specific provision for Swachhta activities – support ‘Swachh Vidyalaya’
* Improve the Quality of Infrastructure in Government Schools
Focus on Girl Education
* Upgradation of Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalayas (KGBVs) from Class 6-8 to Class 6-12.
* Self-defence training for girls from upper primary to senior secondary stage
* Enhanced Commitment to ‘Beti Bachao Beti Padhao’
Focus on Inclusion
* Allocation for uniforms under RTE Act enhanced from Rs. 400 to Rs. 600 per child per annum.
* Allocation for textbooks under the RTE Act, enhanced from Rs. 150/250 to Rs. 250/400 per child per annum. Energized textbooks to be introduced.
* Allocation for Children with Special Needs (CwSN) increased from Rs. 3000 to Rs. 3500 per child per annum. Stipend of Rs. 200 per month for Girls with Special Needs from Classes 1 to 12.
Focus on Skill Development
* Exposure to Vocational Skills at Upper Primary Level would be extended.
* Vocational education for Class 9-12 as integrated with the curriculum and to be made more practical and industry oriented.
* Reinforce emphasis on ‘Kaushal Vikas’
Focus on Sports and Physical Education
* Sports Education to be an integral part of curriculum
* Every school will receive sports equipments at the cost of Rs. 5000 for Primary Schools, Rs. 10,000 for upper primary schools and up to Rs. 25,000 for secondary and senior secondary schools to inculcate and emphasize relevance of sports.
Focus on Regional Balance
* Promote Balanced Educational Development
* Preference to Educationally Backward Blocks (EBBs), LWE affected districts, Special Focus Districts (SFDs), Border areas and the 117 aspirational districts identified by Niti Aayog
Holistic approach to education
- New Tender Uploaded (NIT No.1 2023-24)
- Shaala Siddhi Web Portal Guide
- Vidyanjali Awareness Campaign cum Training - 2023 at Mamit District
- Grassroot Sports Development Programme State Level Competition, Closing Function, 19 May 2023
- Grassroot Sports Development Programme State Level Competition, 17-19 May 2023